I understand the trust that is placed in me whenever someone contacts and then contracts with me for therapy
I am a member of the following professional bodies:
The Guild of Psychotherapists
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
British Association for Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Supervision (BAPPS)
- Guild of Psychotherapists’ Diploma in Psychoanalytic Supervision 2018
- British Psychotherapy Foundation Certificate in Developing Supervision Skills 2015
- Graduate of The Guild of Psychotherapists’ Training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy January 2014
- WPF Post- Qualifying Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2007
- WPF Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling 2006
As part of my professional practice, I consult with a supervisor to ensure that therapeutic standards are maintained in my work.
Knowing that what you say to me is confidential is fundamental to your feeling safe and able to talk freely.
However, please note that confidentiality has certain ethical and legal limitations. For example, issues relating to serious and immediate risk of harm to yourself or others. If I felt that confidentiality needed to be lifted, I would seek to discuss this with your first.